Monday, March 28, 2011

Welcome Spring

 
Ok so who knows first aid? I was stung by a wasp tonight while trying to remove dead flowers off one of my vireya bushes, ouch that hurt! My first thought was to use baking soda and vinegar, I was partly on the right track it should have been a paste of baking soda and water. Whatever it seems to have helped along with the ice although there is swelling there. Don't think I'll have any lasting effects thank goodness.

I have just finished this in time for the Penny Black at Allsorts challenge which is to make a Welcome Spring card. Love these Cosmo Cricket papers so much so that I need to buy some more, lovely and vibrant colours for a spring card. Can you spy my new wee flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts they only arrived this morning. I used Distress Ink Scattered Straw to add a touch of colour.

This card fits the bill for this weeks Penny Black Saturday Challenge the theme is Recycled. The gold ribbon has in a previous life been on a Christmas present, that's the best I could come up with.

Cheers

8 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous hun! Wish I was that hedgie relaxing in the sunshine. Your flowers are lovely - really like those. Sorry about the wasp sting sweetie, ouch - vinegar was the first thing that came to mind but maybe that's for something else. Hope it feels better soon. Hugs, Sxx

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Such a lovely card.

The image is one of my Penny Black favourites (I have about 40 favourites LOL!!).

I hope we do get weather nice enought to sit outside at some stage during Spring/Summer.

Hopefully your wasp sting is cleared up and OK now.

Thank you for sharing with Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

Love Jules xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

What a great card Cynthia, love the colours and the flowers you used.

Hope the wasp sting is better now.

Thanks for sharing at Penny Black at Allsorts.

Hugs
Maarit

Gibmiss said...

hi cynthia
fab card...love the image ...Fab...hope your sting is ok...
hugs
sylvie
xxx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card cynthia and well done on the recycled ribbon...such a naughty wasp..hope you are recovering...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

Shirley said...

It is so nice to see you back with us again at Penny Black at Allsorts Cynthia and with such a pretty card too.
Gorgeous bright colours and a beautifully laid out card.
Thank you for joining us this month and we hope to see you for our next challenge.

Shirley

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Cynthia.
luv
Debby

Kaz said...

Love this PB such a cutie! Gorgeous card, I LOVE the die corners you have used, can I ask what make they are please?
Fab card!
Kaz x