Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Milestones

You wouldn't believe it but we had a tornado close by today, it has wrecked havoc at a big shopping mall in Albany about half and hr away from home & unfortunately the loss of one life and about 20 other people have been injured. It took out power around a lot of the Shore but we were lucky in that regard or else I wouldn't be posting tonight.

  This week's challenge had just the right theme for me as I was asked to create a 100th birthday card . I decided to use the basis of an older PBSC sketch again, I changed the circle to an oval and  it was just right don't you think?

Sure hope my friend's friend will like what I came up with, not the traditional flowery  style but it goes to show how versatile our Penny Black stamps can be.. 

I took another photo of the whole Easel card, here it is.The sentiment says: It's not how old you are, it's how loved you are that counts. At 100 not out there sure has been lots of love I reckon.

Cheers for now

3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

such a beautiful card cynthia...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx
and yes your link is working OK

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card Cynthia, love the sweet image and the pretty colours.
luv
debby

Kaz said...

What a beautiful card & your sentiment is so lovely.
Kaz x